My regular office job never really allows me to take care of my skin and now that we have a lockdown imposed, I thought this is the best time to take care of my skin and bring back the old bubbly glow which was lost due to stress and travel.
Coming to the product availability, it has not affected me as I normally prefer using natural ingredients than chemicals to take care of my skin. Thanks to the lockdown, I now have both time and energy to work on my skin.
What is my skincare routine and how I follow it?
- I use products which are readily available and are budget-friendly
- I make sure I follow a particular pattern and stick to the timings
Readily available? what’s that?
I normally eat a banana for my breakfast and I rub the peel on my skin immediately after consuming the inner flesh. Rubbing the peel not only gives me a smooth skin but also acts as a mild scrub which removes fresh dirt. All I do is rub, leave it for 5 minutes, wash – That’s it! My morning face wash is done.
Sequences, Patterns, and timings? Seriously?
Yes. Like how we follow our food pattern, the same pattern has to be applied to our skincare routine. Just because I am using natural products, that doesn’t mean I can load my skin every time and not allow my skin to breathe! That will result in more harm than good.
My skincare guide
- Ditch the soaps and replace it with natural products like making a paste from turmeric, honey, milk, rice flour, and lemon. A thick paste will act both as a face pack and can be used on the body too. Simply apply to your body and leave it for 15 minutes and then take a shower. That’s it!
- Try to remove your makeup using a natural product like coconut oil instead of chemical-based makeup removers
- Drink plenty of water! water does more wonders to your skin as it allows your skin to glow from within.
NOTE: With every skin having its own type, it is essential that you do a patch test before trying out anything new.