My mother’s day eggless sponge cake recipe is here!
What did I use?
For the Cake
- Milk – 1 cup or 240 ml [ Approx ]
- Vinegar – 1 1/2 teaspoon or 7.5 ml or 0.25 oz
- Sugar – 3/4 cup or 96 grams
- Vanilla essence – 1 teaspoon or 5 ml or 0.16 oz
- Condensed milk – 3/4 cup or 177 ml or 6 oz [ Click to refer my recipe of instant condensed milk ]
- Plain flour – 1 1/2 cup or 205 grams
- Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
- Baking powder – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Butter – 3 tablespoon
- Oil – 3 tablespoon
For the frosting [ Optional ]
- Whipped cream [ Click to refer my recipe of instant whipped cream ]
For the decoration [ Optional ]
- Jim Jam biscuit
How did I make it?
- I took a bowl and whisked butter and oil to get a fluffy mixture. Once whisked for about 2-3 minutes, I mixed condensed milk and whisked till the batter thickened.
- On the other hand, I took milk and added vinegar and vanilla essence to prepare instant curdled milk. I allowed the milk to rest till I whisked condensed milk along with butter and oil
- Once mixed, I started adding flour and milk in parts and kept whisking until I got the desired fluffy consistency.
- I poured the batter to the baking tin and allowed the cake to bake in medium-low flame for 30 minutes. The cake was baked using a pre-heated pressure cooker without a whistle, keeping salt and cooking stand as the base.
- Once my cake was baked, I allowed it to cool and then decorated the cake!
- My mother’s day special cake is ready!