Cooking has now become a part of my daily routine. Not a single day goes without experimenting with the items present in the kitchen. While the flop ones go to my twitter feed, the successful ones end up on my blog 🙂
Today being mother’s day, I badly wanted to bake a cake, but this lockdown! Ughhhh! there was no whipped cream available anywhere! After a lot of mind-mapping, I tried making whipped cream at home and ended up finding the easiest recipe for making whipped cream at home!
What did I use?
- Clarified butter or ghee – 120 Ml or a half cup
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- Icing sugar – 200 grams or 1 cup
- Lime juice – 4 -5 drops
How did I make it?
- My first step was to get the fluffiness, which was not that great when I tried it with butter. I tried freezing but it used to melt very quickly! Failed attempt
- I replaced butter with clarified butter. I deep-freezed clarified butter for about 30 minutes. Post that, I used the frozen clarified butter as a base and added salt and lemon juice and then started whisking.
- After whisking for about 3-4 minutes, I started adding the icing sugar in parts and started folding the cream, till all the sugar was added to my cream.
- The next step was, whisking, whisking, and whisking for about 5 – 7 minutes.
- Remember, over-whisking will lead to butter getting separated. Make sure you don’t over-whisk.
- Tadaaa! My whipped cream was ready, without using a whipping machine or anything fancy! My next step was pouring the cream into a piping bag and decorating my cake.
- What did I do with the leftover cream? – the leftover went directly to my tummy! silent delicacies – haha 🙂