Lockdown cooking is really getting intense day by day! This has not only taken a toll on my taste buds, but has also taken a tremendous toll on my weight [ gained a whooping 10 kgs just by “trying” new recipes everyday! haha ] While trying to search what is going on and how others are surviving the lockdown, I came across this recipe which is a dessert [ Yes, you heard that right! ] with less than 80 calories per piece! Appealing right! Tried, tested, munched and dusted with this recipe!
Looks difficult, right!? Trust me, it took me just 30 mins to prepare and bake everything! and the recipe is very simple too, check it out 🙂
What did I use?
- Whole wheat flour – 3/4 cup or 96 grams
- Coco powder – 1/4 cup or 32 grams
- Warm low fat milk – 1 cup or 200 ml
- Dry fruits [ Mix or single – as per your taste! ] – 1/2 cup
- Jaggery powder – 1 cup or 200 grams [ This can be reduced if you wish ]
- Butter – for greasing
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
How did I make it?
- I took a deep bowl and whisked oil and jaggery powder for about 5 mins or till the mixture becomes smooth. Once smooth, I added milk, wheat flour, coco powder, dry fruits [ preserve half for the topping ] and baking powder and whisked it again for just 4-5 minutes.
- My next step was to pour this batter on a pan / container greased with butter and top with with dry fruits, something like this
- That’s all! I allowed my brownie to bake at 200 degrees for 20 minutes [ do NOT forget to pre-heat the oven ]
- Healthy no sugar brownie is ready to fill my tummy!