This time I decided to experiment with a very popular Gujarati delicacy – Potato Coconut Fritters, also called as Farali Kachori!
What did I use?
- Boiled and mashed potatoes – 1 kg
- arrowroot powder – 2 tablespoon
- Salt – as required
- Oil – for frying
- Grated coconut – 1
- Chopped coriander – 4 tablespoon
- Ginger – green chilli paste – 1 tablespoon
- Pepper powder – 1 teaspoon
- Roasted peanuts ( semi-blended ) 2 tablespoon
- Sugar – 1 tablespoon
- [ OPTIONAL ] Dry fruits – as required
How did I make it?
- I prepared a stuffing by mixing grated coconut,ginger-chilli paste,salt,sugar,coriander,roasted peanuts,salt,sugar and dry fruits.I gave it a light mix and kept it aside.
- Now, for the base, I mixed mashed potatoes, salt and arrowroot powder. I had to ensure that I don’t over-mix else my potatoes will become sticky.
- My next step was to prepare the fritters! I took some potato base and filled the stuffing inside and prepared a ball shape, to give it a final touch, something like this
- That’s it! I deep-fried in medium flame until crisp and brown
- Farali Kachori or Potato coconut fritters are ready!