For a junk lover like me, not stepping out of the house and eating the roadside pain puri turns out to be so depressing! But then I thought, If I cant step out of the house, why can’t pain puri come to my house!? I quickly searched the recipe [ read Easiest recipe available ] and started preparing golgappa puris!
Check out my awesome journey of making golgappa puri at home 🙂
What did I use?
- All purpose flour or maida – 1/2 cup or 100 grams
- Semolina or suji – 1/2 cup or 100 grams
- Water – as required
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Baking soda – 2 pinch
- Oil – for frying
How did I make it?
- I simply mixed all the ingredients to form a semi-stiff dough. I kneaded the dough for about 5 minutes and then and allowed it to rest for about 30 – 45 mins by covering it with a damp cloth.
- Once set, I kneaded it again for about 2 minutes, I divided the dough into 4 equal parts and then used a rolling pin to flatten the dough, something like this. I had to ensure that I flatten the dough as thin as possible.
- After flattening the dough, I used a round shape cutter and started giving the shape of a golgappa or puri
- That’s it! I fried the puris on a medium flame till crisp / golden brown
- Golgappa puris are ready! ❤️
Want to see the outcome? Look below!