With the weekend around the corner, I thought of preparing Bombay style pav bhaji at home. Usually, I keep trying new recipes almost every day but now thought of putting a full stop to new ideas and prepare something which is loved by all!
What did I use?
- Boiled and mashed potatoes – 4
- Finely chopped tomatoes – 2
- Finely chopped onions – 2
- Finely chopped capsicum – 1
- Boiled green peas – 1/2 cup
- Salt – as required
- Red chili powder – as required
- Pav bhaji masala – 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Chopped coriander – 1 tablespoon
- Ginger – garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice – 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Butter – 2 tablespoon
- Cheese [ optional ] for garnishing
- Water – 100 ml
- Roasted / plain bread slices – 4 to 6
How did I make it?
- Take a saucepan and add one tablespoon of butter to it. Once butter melts, add all the vegetables and mix it for about 3 to 5 mins on a medium flame. After that, add salt, turmeric powder, pav bhaji masala, and red chili powder and give it a mix. Add water if the mixture becomes too thick.
- Once your bhaji comes to a boil, add lemon juice and coriander. That’s it!
- Serve pav bhaji with toasted bread slices and do not forget to add butter to it!
- Pav bhaji is ready❤️