How about trying to bake bread without any oil or butter? This time, I tried baking a healthier version of whole wheat bread using just 4 ingredients! Plus, I baked it without using an oven. Check it out! 🙂
Serves : 3
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 35 minutes
Resting time: 90 minutes
What did I use?
- Whole wheat flour – 4 cups
- Warm water – 2 cups
- Instant yeast – 2 teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
How did I make it?
- As my first step, I took a deep bowl and added warm water to it. Next, I added yeast and salt, and mixed it till my yeast dissolved. Since I used active yeast, I did not wait for the yeast to ferment.
- My next step was to add the flour in parts and knead for about 10 to 15 minutes, till the dough becomes soft. My dough was sticky as I did not use any oil or butter to the dough.
- Once kneaded, I covered the dough and allowed it to rest for 60 minutes.
- After 60 minutes, I kneaded the dough for about 5 minutes and placed it in the baking tray. After that, I allowed it to rest for about 30 more minutes.
- While my dough was resting, I took a saucepan with lid and placed it on a high flame to pre-heat it.
- Once my dough had rested well, I placed the baking tray on the saucepan and covered it to ensure that no heat escapes while baking.
- I baked the bread on a medium flame for 35 to 40 minutes, or till the bread is golden brown.
- Once baked, I allowed it to cool and then served!
- Freshly baked bread is ready! ❤️