Weekends are supposed to be fun! with the extended lockdown, the possibilities of stepping out are next to impossible, and at the same time, the possibilities of eating outside food are next to zero. Now that I have tried out almost all the dishes I could think of, this time I thought of merging ingredients from different cuisines and coming up with something which is not only different in taste but is also unique.
This time, I tried making a savory pancake with cheese, sweet corn, and chili flakes! Undoubtedly, the efforts were worth the taste. Do check it out 🙂
What did I use?
- Semi crushed boiled sweet corn – 1 cup
- Uncrushed boiled sweet corn – 2 tablespoon
- Very finely chopped onion – 1
- Very finely chopped tomato – 1
- Very finely chopped capsicum – 1
- Very finely chopped green chili – 1
- Very finely chopped coriander – 2 tablespoon
- Salt – as required
- Grated cheese – 1 cube [ you can always add more! the more the tastier! 🙂 ]
- Rice flour – 1/2 cup [ you can also add semolina if rice flour is not available ]
- Bengal gram flour – 1/2 cup
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Oregano – 1 teaspoon
- Chilli flakes – 1 teaspoon
- Buttermilk – 1 cup [ this is for consistency. If the buttermilk is sour, then the result will be better. If buttermilk is not available, you can also add water ]
- Butter – for shallow frying
How did I make it?
- The recipe is extremely simple! I mixed all the ingredients and then used a saucepan to prepare my pancakes! one ladle at a time 🙂 I used a non-stick pan to make my pancakes and also used butter for improved taste.
- Sweet Corn savory pancakes are ready!❤️