Multani Mitti or Fuller’s Earth has proved to be one of the most silent and powerful healers for skin related problems. Due to its amazing properties, fuller’s earth is widely used in treating skin problems like tan and dullness.
I have heavily tanned arms and to even out my skin tone, I have started using fuller’s earth. Depending on the target area, fuller’s earth can be combined with other ingredients to bring the best results in a cost effective manner.
Today, I am sharing a DIY de-tan pack that can be prepared keeping fuller’s earth as the base. Being chemical-free, this pack can be used three to five times a week. Using this pack regularly for a period of two to three months will not only even the skin tone but will also bring back the long-lost glow.
What did I use?
- Fuller’s earth – 2 tablespoons
- Bengal gram flour – 1 tablespoon
- Buttermilk – as required
How did I make it?
- First, I took a clean mixing bowl and combined all the dry ingredients. Once my dry ingredients were mixed, I started adding buttermilk to form a semi-thick consistency.
- That’s it! The pack is now ready to be used. Use it on the affected areas like the face, arms, underarms, knees, feet, etc. As a pre-requisite, I had washed and cleaned the affected areas with cold water before applying the pack. Once applied, I allowed it to stay for 20 to 25 minutes or until the pack dries up. Once my pack was dry, I washed the area with cold water.
- To complete my DIY treatment, I then used a thin layer of skin lightening gel for the body and serum for the face.
Do try it out and let me know your experience in the comments section!