Being acidic, lemon is widely used in cooking and skincare treatments. While an excess of acidic consumption can harm the body, using the right amount of lemon juice can do wonders to the skin. Lemon not only helps in fighting infections but also helps in improving the texture and tone of the skin, which is often damaged by excessive usage of harsh chemicals.
A lot of women, including me, face issues with certain body parts being darker, resulting in uneven skin tone. Having dark underarms is the most common skin problem and is common among men and women. Fortunately, everything has a time-consuming home remedy but guarantees a permanent result. Plus, being a home remedy, it is completely chemical-free and with zero side effects.
Using a chemical-free scrub in regular intervals will help out in lightening the skin tone and will also help in eradicating skin infections if any.
Do checkout the simplest remedy to lighten dark underarms.
What did I use?
- Baking soda – 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice – as required
- Turmeric – a pinch
How did I make it?
- I took a clean mixing bowl and combined baking soda and turmeric. I then added lemon juice to form a thick paste. Once formed, I allowed it to rest for about 2 minutes before application.
- That’s it! I used the paste as a scrub and applied it on my underarms and massaged it in a circular motion for 5 minutes. Post massage, I allowed it to rest on my skin for another 10 minutes and then washed it with cold water.
- To avoid irritation caused due to the acidic nature of lemon and baking soda, I applied a thick layer of skin lightening gel to soothe the skin.
Do try it out and let me know your experience in the comments section!