Honey has become my best friend now! It’s not only good for the taste buds but has also helped me in getting an instant glow for my last-minute and lazy skincare routine. Earlier, I have used baking soda for lightening dark underarms and honey for making a DIY tan pack. This time, I tried combining both honey and baking soda to make a scrub – cum – face pack and check the results. As expected, it gave me tremendous results, leaving my skin soft and clean!
Here’s what I used
- Baking Soda – 1 tablespoon
- Honey – 1 tablespoon
- Soft Toothbrush [ Optional ]
How did I make it?
- I whisked honey and baking soda for about 2 to 3 minutes till I got a creamy and light texture. Once my pack was ready, I applied it evenly on a clean face and allowed it to sit for 5 minutes. Post that, I used a soft toothbrush and massaged my face in small circular motions, targetting each area for 30 to 45 seconds.
- That’s it! my next step was to allow the pack to rest for 3 to 5 minutes post massage and rinse with cold water.
- To complete my DIY treatment, I then used a thin layer of skin lightening gel and serum to remove the greasy effect and to remove the odor of the scrub. The gel and serum have to be washed off with cold water after leaving it for 5 minutes.
- Also, remember NOT to use a face wash or soap at least for 6 hours after application for best results!
Note : Baking soda may NOT suit all skin types. Make sure you do a patch test before directly applying as baking soda may cause irritation and redness!